Thanks for your interest in employment with The Maya’s Nest Birth Services!
We are looking for a responsible and reliable person to join our team of birth doulas and postpartum doulas. We service primarily the Tri-Cities and Ridge Meadows areas, as well as Surrey, Langley, New Westminster, Burnaby and Vancouver. If you do have a service that you would like to offer and you would like to be a part of this dynamic team and growing local business please send us a resume.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
A Birth and Postpartum Doula (Ideally we would like a new team member able to provide both services) - Contractor
Role Of The Birth Doula
A doula is experienced in childbirth and provides the pregnant person and her family with continuous educational, physical and emotional support before, during, and after the birth of her baby.
A birth doula:
- Is trained in the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a person in labour.
- Assists the birther and her partner in identifying and carrying out their plans for the birth.
- Stays with the birther throughout her labour and delivery, utilizing non-medical comfort techniques.
- Facilitates communication between the birther, her partner, and her clinical care providers.
- Works together with the partner to provide support at home and hospital births.
Role Of The Postpartum Doula
A postpartum doula provides in-home care to families after the birth of a baby. The postpartum doula’s role includes helping with breastfeeding, sharing information about parental adjustment, teaching about infant care and development, processing the birth experience, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and whatever else the parents need done. The doula’s focus is usually on taking care of everything else so that the parent can take care of baby, however the doula may also do some baby care while she is in the bath, napping or out of the home.
A postpartum doula generally begins working with the family right after the baby is born, and depending on the family’s needs, she will continue to work with them from a few weeks to a year or more.
- Variable hours depending on the contract. Minimum 4 hour shifts for daytime and 6 hours for evening.
- Reliable & responsible
- Knowledgeable about maternal postpartum adjustments and infant care and development.
- Healthy working knowledge of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and infant care
- Additional training in breastfeeding is ideal
- Experience as a postpartum doula and/or birth doula is an asset
The successful candidate will have:
- Access to reliable transportation and a cell phone
- Access to a computer and email account
- Current Infant & Child CPR (or willing to obtain ASAP)
- Criminal record check
- Doula Liability Insurance (or willing to obtain ASAP)
- Able to attend networking events and must be willing to promote herself and the company as a whole.
Rate Of Pay:
Variable (details will be discussed with applicants selected for an interview).
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and references to:
We will be accepting applications until January 31, 2017. Interviews for the shortlisted applicants will take place February 2017.
The Maya's Nest is here to help you have the birth and postpartum experience that you want. As your doulas we will provide information, support and nurturing to birthing families across the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
Get to Know Us Better
The Maya's Nest Doulas and Birth Photographers provide information, support and nurturing while capturing life's
most precious moments to families in Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody,
New Westminster, Burnaby, Vancouver, Langley and Surrey.